The goal of this page is to provide easy access to event information and answer the most frequently asked questions regarding the Safer 3 Ocean Swim. If your questions or concerns are still not answered, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or 866-372-3373.
Frequently Asked Questions:
3001 Ocean Blvd
Newport Beach, CA 92625
Phone: (949) 644-3151
- Ocean Swim T-Shirt
- Silicone Swim Cap
- Reusable Tote Bag
- Pre-Swim Coffee & Bagels
- Post-Swim BBQ Lunch
- Most importantly, your participation allows our foundation to continue in our important drowning prevention work.
The following is the schedule for the day:
9 a.m. - Check-in and registration open
10 a.m. - One-Mile Ocean Swim begins
11 a.m. - Lunch begins
We encourage everyone to bring enough gear to spend the day at the beach post-swim.
We take water safety very seriously. The following will be in place to ensure a safer swimming experience:
- Several advanced swimmers will preview the course before the swim to report the water conditions.
- Orange County Sheriff Harbor Patrol boats, with towers, will surround the one-mile stretch of water.
- Newport Beach Lifeguard Boats will surround the in-water course.
- Stand-up paddle boarders will paddle along with the swimmers. Many of the paddle boarders are current and former lifeguards. All paddlers are CPR certified incase of an emergency.
The non-competitive Ocean Swim is a one-mile swim with a half-mile option.
The cost to park in the beach lot is $15 per day. The lot is very convenient to the Ocean Swim location. There is street parking available, however, you will have to walk a distance to the Ocean Swim location. Cash, Debit or Credit Card is accepted.
Restrooms, showers, picnic tables and BBQ's are available for your use. Please note that alcohol is not permitted on the beach.
Pack your bag for a day at the beach. Be sure to bring plenty of sunscreen, towels, chairs, umbrella, sand toys and anything else you will need for a "day at the beach."
Wetsuits and fins are optional. The water temperature varies greatly in the month of September. Click here for the Newport Beach surf and weather report.
The 2016 Ocean Swim is sponsored by Cressi. Learn more about Cressi and their products by clicking on the image below.